Are you looking for an answer to the question, “How To Market My Business Online in New Jersey?” Great, you’ve come to the right place! Here we will explore the many different options you have when it comes to online marketing for your business in 2016 and moving forward. Additionally, we will examine the best places to market on the Internet depending on your goals and budget demands. Don’t worry though if you are not in the New Jersey/New York City area, these tips and tools work in any city, state or nation.
How To Market My Business Online in New Jersey For Free
Generally, when people think of marketing their business online, the first thing they think of is, “How can I do this for free?” The reason is simple, most businesses do not have a lot of knowledge or experience with marketing and advertising online, so having a little apprehension is normal. If you are a business owner feeling this way, don’t fret as this article will help to give you a better understanding of online marketing, what you can do for free, and what you should consider paying for.
Free Social Media Marketing
Social Media are fantastic free platforms that you can use to market your business’ products and services online for free. The coolest thing about social media (besides the fact that it is free) is, this is where you will find the largest audience of people online interacting daily, both day and night. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and many others literally host millions of people online everyday. Consider the fact that most people do not own websites, social media platforms are easily the most trafficked websites in the world. Where else can you find people of every nation on earth interacting with each other seamlessly on all sorts of topics while sharing, promoting, and buying products and services daily? No matter what time of day or night it is in your country, there are hundreds of millions of people online searching for things via social media. If you are on a shoestring-budget, free social media marketing is the way to go! Without incurring the cost of a traditional website, social media platforms can be used to reach your target customers online for free.
Social Media and Sweat Equity
While the cost to signup on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are completely free, they do cost you something. What is that something? Time and Energy. Social Media is what I call a sweaty equity platform. Sweat Equity is defined as, “a party’s contribution to a project in the form of effort and toil, as opposed to financial equity such as paying others to perform the task.” Social Media as the name alludes to requires a lot of time and effort to gain traction, viewership and attention online. The fact that millions, if not billions of people, use social media everyday, getting your voice heard is the most challenging part of using social media as a free marketing tool. How you go about targeting your customer demographic online is the key to a successful social media marketing campaign. Some questions that will help you focus your time and energy best are:
- Who is my target customer, what do they look like from a demographic standpoint, and what social media platforms are they most likely using?
- How much time and effort can I contribute to marketing my business online everyday using social media?
- How can I convert customers interested in my business’ products and services into actual sales and leads?
The 4 Most Important Things To Know About Marketing Online Using Social Media
As we have previously stated, social media is free for signup but, it does require time, energy and forethought. The most important requirements for social media are:
- Great Content. People who use social media are looking for engaging, resourceful content that answers their questions and connects them with valuable information geared toward their interest that day. The best social media accounts provide helpful information regularly and are “in-touch” with the daily happenings and news surrounding their niche topics.
- Images and Video. People are visual. Having eye-catching images and videos in your social media posts are necessary to get that much-needed attention you are seeking online. It has been proven over and over again, posts that contain sharp images or video get more new followers, likes and shares than post that only contain text and links.
- Consistency. You need to make sure that your engagement on the social media platforms you signup for, have content with going to them 5 to 7 days a week. Your content again, should consist of written articles with either video or images attached to the posts.
- Engagement. Most people are on social media to be well…social. So make sure you let your personality and friendliness shine through with your interaction with others on these platforms. Don’t be afraid to comment on posts you like or have questions about. Be social and follow other people on social media with like interests as they will often times in-return follow you back. This increases your audience and visibility online which is absolutely a good thing!
What Social Media Platforms Are Best For Your Online Marketing Goals?
There are literally hundreds of social media platforms these days so if you are new to the concept of online marketing and wondering, “How To Market My Business Online in New Jersey?”, we’ve created a comprehensive list of the most popular social media platforms, their best uses, niches, plus the pros and cons of each one below:
- Facebook. Great for general outreach in just about any niche or topics online. Facebook users benefit from the largest social media platform as of 2016 and have the most users due to its long history dating back to February 2004. Facebook offers paid advertising as well, which can place your advertisements in front of very specific audiences based on their live analytic data.
- Twitter. Twitter is unique in that you can get and give very quick information to your target audience online in the form of 140 characters. The cool thing about Twitter is you can very quickly search and find topics of interests easily. Twitter users have short attention spans so creating catchy, short posts with pictures, videos and links to the important info is the best use of this tool.
- Google+. Google+ is search engine giant Google’s social media platform and it should definitely be used if you are looking for more visibility online. If you happen to own a business website, this platform is an absolute must-have. Google+ is the not the easiest, most-user-friendly platform to use but because Google owns it, you would be smart to have a consistent presence on there. A whopping 74% of all online searches are done through Google’s search engine!
- LinkedIn. If you are a business owner that sells a Business-to-Business (B2B) product or service, it is imperative that you have and use LinkedIn regularly. LinkedIn is the premiere social media platform for serious businesses both large and small. As a business owner you know networking is part of doing business, you need to have your professional profile complete and optimized for the things you offer. If you plan on getting new business by marketing online, people will expect you to be listed on LinkedIn, as this is another absolute must-have social platform.
- YouTube. This is a nice-to-have but quickly moving to a must-have platform. YouTube which is also owned by Google is the second most trafficked website in the world. As more and more people turn to video for answers, YouTube should be a part of your online marketing strategy. Of course to really gain a following on YouTube, you need videos that market your business. If you are not able to create and edit your own videos consider reaching out to us to create your next marketing video.
- Yelp. Yelp is a great place to list your business online. Yelp is a social media platform that lets users leave comments and ratings on businesses they have used or frequented locally. People trust Yelp’s reviews so having your business listed here will get you some exposure. Yelp like other platforms allow for paid ads but, I recommend you contact a professional online marketer commonly called an SEO Expert, for guidance on the best way to optimize your ads for search.
- Pinterest. Pinterest is an image based social media platform geared towards search and sending traffic back to your website. Touting 70% of its users as females, think of Pinterest as online scrap-booking. Pinterest unlike Instagram is not a comment oriented platform but, it does give you the advantage of placing image links which can be sent directly to the site of your choice.
- Instagram. Instagram which is owned by Facebook kind of brings the best of the Twitter world and the Facebook world together. Instagram is great for leaving long or short comments coupled with images or video vines. The downside of Instagram is you only get to place one link within your profile and none on your posts. Instagram is best for businesses that are selling a visual product or service and want direct, instant back and forth communication with its users.
How To Market My Business Online in New Jersey – The Smart Way
As you have been reading this article I’m sure the thought has occurred to you, “Wow this seems like a lot of work!” With that said, I would have to agree with you. Marketing your business online using social media is a very time consuming practice and the results are not always instant. So how does a busy business owner go about marketing their business online effectively and still have time to actually run their day-to-day business activities? They outsource it to a Professional SEO Expert!
Professional SEO Experts such as myself, specialize in helping businesses market their business online using the best search engine tools and analytics, combined with the most up-to-date knowledge in the industry. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Online Marketing are some of the most popular titles we in the search engine marketing world use to describe what it is we actually do. SEO Experts specialize in placing your business in front of your most valuable target customers online. Social Media is just one of the methods we use to accomplish the task of marketing your business on the Internet. Smart online marketing consists of social media marketing, search engine marketing, website optimization, continual content creation and some times paid advertising (referred to as Pay-Per-Click or PPC). The most popular forms of PPC are Google Adwords, Facebook Ads and Microsoft Bing Ads. We create engaging written content, videos and graphics geared toward your audience, consistently so your business will be found on social media and through Google search.
What Kind Of Businesses Benefit The Most From Professional SEO Services?
While all business can benefit from marketing online, not all businesses are best suited for professional SEO services. If you have a startup business or a business that has a very little sales and a low profit margin, professional Search Engine Optimization may not be the best use of your marketing dollars. Businesses that are well established and actually have at least $1,000 per month to put toward marketing, are candidates for an online marketing campaign. Online marketing like any other form of advertising does have a cost. If you are in a competitive market it is wise to have a good idea of what your local competitors are roughly spending on their marketing every month to stay competitive (we can help you find this information).
Consider traditional print advertising costs when deciding on a budget to work with a professional SEO. Here in the New Jersey, New York City Tri-State area, to run a small 5-line ad within the classified section of the newspaper costs between $1700 – $2500 and that’s just for one weekend. SEO when done correctly has a much larger reach, better ROI and much longer lasting results than a simple, random ad placed in the paper.
Why Cookie-Cutter Online Marketing Services Are A Waste Of Money
You may or may not have come across other websites offering done-for-you online marketing services. If you happen upon one in your search for search engine marketing services consider the fact that good SEO takes time and expertise. SEO is a skill-set that is not taught in traditional schools and universities. Professional SEO’s who offer their services to business clients know their value, as we can spend our time marketing just about any product and service online. A good SEO will spend quality time with you and communicate with you in a professional and accountable manner. Cookie-cutter, one-time-low-cost SEO services make their money on volume, not results. Many of these inexpensive done-for-you companies are not experts at SEO and their work can actually end up damaging your company’s search capabilities with Google. Google has advanced computer scientists who are constantly updating their algorithm which is designed to punish business websites that use Blackhat SEO techniques. What kind of punishment? De-Indexing. De-indexing is when Google bans your website from being found through its search engine. De-indexing is essentially a deathblow to a business website. Once your website has been de-indexed the only way to be found online at that point is when someone actually clicks on a direct link to your website or types it in manually.
Another reason why cookie-cutter SEO services are a waste of money is because effective Search Engine Optimization should be tailored to your specific business! When it comes to marketing online, you need to know who your competition is and what they are and are not doing to be successful online. Competition is specific to the city, state, country, products, services, prices and more. Only a professional SEO who you actually talk to on a regular basis can help you win in your local market online. If you are one of the many hundreds, if not thousands of customers paying $399 a month for SEO services, think about it, how well do you think they know your market and competition? If you are not a professional SEO yourself, how do you know if what you are paying for is beneficial or damaging? Do you know how to read analytics reports so you can make smart decisions for the following months? These are all questions you should consider before going with a cookie-cutter style SEO company.
How We Make Working With Us Easy
SEO is not easy. There are a lot of tasks and considerations that must be addressed to do it effectively. We understand SEO and have been practicing it for over 7 years and we are experts at it. We also specialize in creating custom graphics, websites and video which are also part of search engine optimization. There is no sense in spending money to market your business online if the goal is not long-term, sustainable results. Our goal for our clients is to be the #1 authority and business within their local market online. We live and breath SEO. We keep up with all of Google’s constant changes and demands, so that our clients have a constant leg-up on the competition. We use white hat SEO techniques to put your business in the best places online. We work within the guidelines and best practices taught and used by the best SEO experts in the world. We are constantly training and learning more. We bring superior results to our clients because we care and want you to succeed.
While SEO may be hard and time consuming, we make the process of working with us easy. Start by generating your 2 free SEO site audits reports, simply click the button below:
Once you have run your site audit reports, we will contact you to learn more about your business and to see if we would be an ideal partnership for you. We’re not hard-sellers so don’t be afraid to take advantage of our free consultation. We believe that if we can show you the active market online that is searching for the products and services you offer, SEO pretty much sells itself. The Internet as a marketing medium is still new, start taking advantage today.
We hope you have enjoyed reading our guide on How To Market My Business Online in New Jersey. We would love to hear from you in the comments below!